I wrote a post how fake WhatsApp messages are being circulated in festival seasons. And, social media is a good platform to target individuals. All you need is to just provide an interesting offer/heading in the message. Most of the people don’t think twice before clicking on it. And, Hacker just needs one click. How one single click can make your life miserable. Read my post here.
Hers the list of all phishing Whatsapp scams going on.
- A viral WhatsApp message asked users to click on a link to take part in the giveaway of 3,000 free Adidas shoes on the occasion of Adidas’ 93rd anniversary
- Like the Adidas scam, fashion brand Zara’s free voucher is another WhatsApp scam. The WhatsApp text asks users for their personal details and contacts
- Fee pizzas on click
- Get Rs 1000 recharge on clicking on the link.
- Get your battery full in a min by clicking on the link.
- Martinelli video which hacks your phone.
- Amazon shopping deals & offers. Similarly for other offers from many other eCommerce vendors.
- fake WhatsApp versions for better features etc.
The list never ends. Be aware of these phishing attacks. Also, stop forwarding any links to others. This is a good way to stop these messages.